Patient Helper For Hill-Rom VersaCare®
The Mizuho OSI Patient Helper is designed to allow the patient to take additional control of their own mobility while the nurse does less physical moving of the patient. Features include convenient caregiver access to adjustments and the ability to lock the trapeze in place where it is most beneficial for the patient.
The Mizuho OSI Patient Helper may be quickly removed from the bed with a turn of a knob. This means quick and clear access to the patient’s head in an emergency. You can also quickly remove from one bed to place on another.
The Mizuho OSI Patient Helper is designed to assist patient mobility. The Patient Helper is particularly useful to assist with repositioning in bed, transfers to transport platforms and bed egress.
The Mizuho OSI Patient Helper requires an adapter bracket from Hill-Rom (P/N P844G01) and a Patient Helper Sleeve P/N 3423-1.
– 200 lb. (90.7kg) safe working load
– Steel construction
– 72in. (183cm) height. Fits through doorways, elevators and operating room entrance
– Weight 29 lbs. (13kg). Two piece design allows for light weight assembly
– 180 degree swivel allows the Trapeze to be locked in position most advantageous for patient assist
– Trapeze swivel feature allows for minimal interference for nursing care, X-ray or TV
– Swivel handle is conveniently located in caregiver’s reach, not behind the bed
– Assembles in seconds
– Easily moved from one bed to another in seconds with a turn of the Quick Release Knob
– Easily removed in seconds to allow for access to the patient from the head end of the
Order Information and Warranty
|Part Number||Description||Qty Required|
|3423||Mizuho OSI Patient Helper, Includes 3423-1 Sleeve||1|
|3423-1||Patient Helper Sleeve Only||1|
|3423-2||Patient Helper Upright & Trapeze||1|
|(HILL-ROM P/N P844G01)||Hill-Rom Bracket (required to mount Mizuho OSI Patient Helper to VersaCare®)||1|
Warranty: Mizuho OSI guarantees all of its products for a period of one (1) year from date of invoice for defects in material and workmanship with the exception of products which are misused, altered or damaged.
Q: What do I need to attach a Mizuho OSI Patient Helper to my VersaCare® Bed?
A: You need two items:
1) Hill-Rom Bracket P/N P844G01. This is purchased from Hill-Rom.
2) Adapter Sleeve. The Adapter Sleeve is provided standard with Mizuho OSI Patient Helper P/N 3423. The Adapter Sleeve may also be purchased separately from Mizuho OSI using P/N 3423-1. Hill-Rom also provides an Adapter Sleeve. To avoid double ordering, make sure you ask Hill-Rom if they are providing the Adapter Sleeve or not!
Q: What is the weight capacity of the Mizuho OSI Patient Helper?
A: 200 lb. (90kg) safe working load. Remember that Patient Helpers are assist devices and are not intended to suspend a patient off the mattress. As such, larger patients receive benefit from the Mizuho OSI Patient Helper. As an example, a 300 lb patient applying 2/3 their body weight to the trapeze will receive the benefit of repositioning in bed, assisting bed egress or patient mobility.
Q: How tall is the Patient Helper? Will it fit through doorways?
A: The Mizuho OSI Patient Helper has a low profile of 72”. The actual height varies with bed adapters, but the overall profile is the lowest on the market. On the VersaCare bed it does not move with the high/low function of the bed. This ensures that doorways, elevators and trips throughout the hospital are not impacted.
A secondary benefit of the Patient Helper not moving high/low with the bed is that when the bed is in the patient room the wall lights and apparatus are not damaged by moving parts.
Q: If I have more questions, who should I call?
A: Please contact your local Mizuho OSI sales representative