Hands-on training for biomed engineers
The Mizuho OSI Biomed Training Programs are designed to ensure that Mizuho OSI products are properly maintained when serviced by biomeds or clinical engineers. Our training program will provide your engineers with the knowledge required to ensure maximum return on your capital investment.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Training on how to repair and maintain the equipment
- Conducted in our San Francisco Bay Area facility
- Class size is limited to six attendees, ensuring ample hands-on experience
- Engineers certified to service our tables for three years, upon successful completion of the training
Our instructor-led courses are intended to give participants a thorough understanding of their equipment. The courses provide hands on practice to comprehend the operations, preventative maintenance and component repairs needed to effectively maintain the equipment.
Specialty Surgery Table (SST) Training
Tables covered: 5803 Advanced Control Base, the 6875 Hana® Orthopedic Surgical Table and the 7803 Trios® Surgical Table System.
|February 7th - 10th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|March 21st - 24th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|April 4th - 7th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|May 2nd - 5th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|June 6th - 9th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|July 18th - 21st||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|August 8th - 11th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|September 19th - 22nd||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|November 14th - 17th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
|December 5th - 8th||Union City, CA||Class Full|
ProAxis® Spinal Surgery Table Training
Table covered: The 6988 ProAxis Table, including using the Commander Software for diagnostics.
6800 Series Table Training
Tables covered: The 6800 Allegro® Mobile Imaging Table, the 6850 ProFx® Pelvic Reconstruction Orthopedic Fracture Table and the 6844 Insite® Surgery Table. Classes scheduled upon request. Please contact us for information.
- Scheduled classes not meeting a minimum enrollment of three may be canceled. Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive a registration confirmation.
- To register, you will need to submit a purchase order.
- Lunch will be provided daily.
- Travel and hotel accommodations are not included.
- For questions regarding class logistics, contact the training coordinator at (800) 777-4674 x244 or by email.
- For questions regarding course content, contact the technical training specialist at (800) 777-4674 x284 or by email.
Mizuho OSI biomed recertification procedure
In accordance with Mizuho OSI’s Parts and Service Policy, and to be fully compliant with FDA 21 CFR 820, we require that our products be serviced by trained, certified service biomed engineers or technicians using certified parts.
A certificate is provided to those who have successfully completed training by attending our biomed course. This certification is valid for three years and must be renewed by successfully completing recertification tests via our online portal. Successful completion of required tests validates the biomed engineer/technician for an additional three years.
The required passing score is 80%. Failure to successfully reach this score will require the technician to attend the biomed training course in Union City at the hospital’s or individual’s expense.
Repair parts will only be shipped to certified technicians and engineers.
For information or to request access to the online portal, please send an email with the following information to the training coordinator:
- First and last name
- Hospital name and location
- Date of training
- Model number of equipment needing to recertify
Once this information has been received, you will be sent instructions on how to proceed with the recertification process.
Please direct any questions about this procedure to Shelli Krunic, director, Learning and Development.